Thursday, November 4, 2010

DIWALI .... The festival of enlightenment....

After a dozen of unsuccessful attempt to update my facebook status with Diwali greetings, I finally gave up. Not sure of how to put my heartfelt emotions this diwali on a social networking site, I once again took refuge in this universe of unspoken words...The place, presently where I am, provides with ample of opportunities to confuse you about proper word selection for festival greetings, changing the world into a sub-space where festival means a day off from work, where celebrations mean breaking the monotony in dinner menu, where companionship means 15 inch distance from a 15 inch full HD screen, and where excitement means not to wake up to a melodious yet irritating alarm. Painting a picture so clay shade might be an unauspicious omen and moreover complaining about this ironical plight is not my inspiration today, so I would like to start this post fresh and new....

On our way to office yesterday morning I was sitting by the window of the bus, when it suddenly started to rain. The cold raindrops touching my skin left a deep impact and brought a turbulent wave of mixed emotions from within me. In a moment my soul stretched its arms to feel her familiar touch and at the same moment my concsious mind interrupted saying that it isn't possible, but then, there was something in those raindrops which made me feel that my soul won and I could feel the bridge through those tiny, cold raindrops connecting a part of me to the world where my innerslf belongs. Rain has been pick of the gifts that marked the festival this year for me, perhaps because I come from a place where to expect rain at this time of year is quite exceptional. But still this rain quenched my thirst and settled down the restlessness that had been surging inside me throughout this festive season. Confused of what more to expect of this long weekend(its better to call the festival by this name) I had finally given up all the hopes but those drops of rain though metaphorically but still, bridged the hypothetical sub-space to my actual world . They say its the fire that brings light to mankind but this diwali the Rain brought a new light to me. It is this diwali that I experienced that happiness and solace come in small packages. It is this time when I found that the real meaning of festival is about finding a smile even in a raindrop which otherwise never makes a difference in life, experiencing light sitting by the candle in a dark room without electricity, enjoying a parantha after running in search of a resturant from end to end in heavy rain and sipping up a cup of hot coffee with a hope of a better tomorrow.

P.S: It was never about light, it was always about enlightenment....

HAPPY DIWALI

2 comments:

  1. True.
    It was never about light. It was always about enlightenment.
    HAPPY DIWALI SIR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post !

    But i gess ur pretty sad dere ..sir b happy .. life has always been like dis i.e. finding happiness in small things coz big things always come nd leave bt small things always stick to u !!.....so njoi !!

    Happy DIWALI !! .....

    ReplyDelete