Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blasphemy..... A new religion.

What is my religion? Where shall I get redemption? Who is my God?
I have been lost on this matter for quite a long time now. Well, calling me lost would be very presumptuous on my part, as if initially I knew where I was heading to on this path. Honestly, I was lost ever since I began walking down this road. They say, when you are on a journey of your life the path you take is your religion, your intentions are your prayers, moving towards your destination is your worship and your goal is your GOD which is your redemption. But, now when I look back on the sands of time, my own foot prints seem to be a sacrilege against what is supposed to be my religion. I had doubted my intentions millions of times, many a times I was so broke that I gave up on my goal and started looking for options, whenever I had a choice, just due to my weak will I chose the one that was the easiest and above all after everything I did in this profanity, I cursed Him for letting me down this road.
The essence of any world religion lies solely in the answer to the question: Why do I exist, and what is my relationship to the infinite universe that surrounds me?
-Leo Tolstoy.

Very aptly said by the world’s best theologian but nobody said a word about what if someone is not able to get to the essence. Will he be termed as an infidel? Will he be tried for blasphemy on the day of judgment? There are opinions but no answer on this. I have read that everything in a man’s life is already written, Maktub as the Holy Quran describes it, then why we humans even strive to find the purpose of life? If we are just marionette in His hands and He is playing us according to His plan then what is the point in pursuing our dreams?
These are some questions we ask our self at some point of time in our life, but I suppose there is no answer. It is vicious circle. A man can never stop believing. He can leave everything in this material world but his faith comes from his soul. The day he is broke, he questions his existence, he strives hard, he yields and then someday he gets a reward in some way or the other for his sweat. This goes on until his faith, his soul leaves his body. Warriors of light, as a famous writer describes the people who fight for a reason in life.
Certainly we are warriors who are on a trodden path that is not ours; we have failed our spiritual obligations, lost faith in future and doubted the existence of our puppet master but as every warrior is once tried for the slaughter in the battlefield we will also be tried for this blasphemy. Nobody knows what will be our sentence but we will have to keep fighting to find the answer to this question….

No comments:

Post a Comment